We are looking forward to you being at our Golden Star Dancesport Championship 2017! In order to make the competition run smoothly as possible we are asking you to cooperate with us in the following ways:
- The Golden Star Dancesport Championship is sanctioned by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. No responsibility for loss or theft left in the changing rooms, ballrooms or hotel can be accepted by the organizer, or by the National Dance Council of American, Inc., and neither can they be held liable for injury sustained by persons attending this event. Everyone attending does so at his or her own risk. All persons attending this event, whether as spectators, competitors, officials, or guests of the organizer, shall be bound by the National Dance Council of America, Inc. rules, and by participating in this event automatically become obligated to adhere to them. All closed events will be invigilated as per the NDCA rule book.
- Competitors contact your studio/teacher for details on price information and participation fees.
- Pro-Am Scholarship: a student must enter 5 single dance entries for every scholarship entered.
- Pro-Am Scholarship money will be paid in full if 3 or more couples are registered in the event. If there are only 2 couples in an event the prize money will be $100 less per couple. If there is only 1 couple registered the prize money will be $100.
- Please make sure that you have your completed entry forms returned to us by our closing date of December 29, 2016. Please note that a $50 late fee per person will be charged after the deadline.
- Please make checks payable to Golden Star Dancesport Championship. Studio checks and personal checks will not be accepted after the deadline, only Cashier’s Checks or Money Orders. We do not accept credit cards at this time.
- After we receive your information, we will send you an invoice/confirmation. Please check this closely for spelling, correct entries, and correct charges and let us know immediately if we need to make changes. Please be advised that at the competition we may have the time to make changes or take additional entries.
- Hotel reservations should be made directly to The Westin Jersey City Newport Hotel, toll free 1.888.627.7148, mention the Golden Star Dancesport to receive our special rate. Reservation deadline is January 4, 2017. Below is the link for you to make your reservations online: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/goldenstar2017
- Upon arrival at the hotel, one representative from the studio should come to the registration desk and pick up all packages. Outstanding Balances Must Be Paid Before Packages Can Be Released. Each participant will be given a heat list showing what heat and time he/she is dancing. Please be advised that the time listed is approximate and subject to change. Each competitor should be present in the ballroom at least 30 minutes prior to his/her scheduled dance time. When you receive your heat sheet, please check and make sure your dances, levels, and ages are correct. We need to be made aware of any mistakes as soon as possible.
- Competitor numbers can be picked up from the registration desk. If you are a professional dancer or an amateur couple, you must have proof of your registration with the National Dance Council. If you are not on the NDCA roster and do not have a current card or a receipt showing you have paid for a current registration, you will be required to register at the competition or you will not be allowed to compete. To register contact Eleanor Wiblin at the NDCA, PO Box 22018, Provo, Utah 84062; 801.422.8124; or register online at www.NDCA.org/registration.
- Seating will be according to packages and the date of the order with preferred seating going first to package holders. All seats in the ballroom are numbered and match ticket numbers. Seating is assigned when tickets are ordered. Therefore any groups wishing to sit together should order tickets at the same time. If you are scheduled to dance and you are not on a package you are required to purchase an admission ticket.
- Please note the address and contact information listed below.
ORGANIZERS: Delyan Terziev T: 646.331.7587 Boriana Deltcheva T: 646.331.7587 SEND ENTRIES & PAYMENTS TO: 31-74 29th Street #2H, Astoria, NY 11106 • USA COORDINATOR: Andrea Ringgold T: +1 (347)-322-2079 F: +1 (443)-782-0227 E: email@example.com